The Sulfur Bathhouse opened July 1, 1927. It is located in the center of a Little Town in a Historic District. It offered sulfur baths, massages and mud treatments to relieve pain and as a cure for a variety of illnesses. As many as 5000 treatments could be given in a single day. Up until a few years ago it was still open during the summer. Although in advanced deterioration today, one of the original 1876 bath-houses remain, the other having been demolished in the early 1960’s. The architectural historic integrity of the remaining bath is remarkably intact with most of its tubs and oiled hardwood walls.