From its beginnings in 1880 as a farmhouse on the fields of a Farm purchased by the Sisters of the Divine for the purpose of establishing a home for the disenfranchised, The Sisters Home has grown to be recognized as the premier nursing care facility and faith-based residence in the Greater Tri-state region. The Sister Home currently serves more than 700 older residents, many of whom are the underserved poor in the community. Although expanding and adapting its services to meet modern realities, the mission of Home has remained steadfastly the same: to provide compassionate and excellent care that promotes wellness, enhances quality of life and embraces diversity. The story of Home is more about the legacy of the Sisters of the Divine than it is about the bricks and mortar of the building itself. The Sisters of the Divine, devoted to service and committed to the dignity of each person, have quietly and steadfastly served this community for more than 130 years.
In 1985, the campus expanded with the opening of a New Building and for the Continuing Care Retirement Community. The New Sisters Home encourages wellness and autonomy through independent and assisted living experiences that keep the mind, body and soul active. While founded and co-sponsored to this day by the Sisters of the Divine, The New Sisters Home is like The Old Sisters Home, a place where people of many faith traditions live and learn together as a community of friends.
Now the Old Sisters of the Divine Home sits Vacant.